Contact Us: (617) 714-4375 |
Contact Us: (617) 714-4375


can you get a green card with a criminal record

Can You Get a Green Card With a Criminal Record?

If you’re beginning the process of immigrating to the U.S. and have a criminal record, you’re probably wondering whether this will affect your chances of getting a green card. While there’s no definitive answer to this question, serious criminal offenses may prevent you from obtaining a green card. For lower-level offenses, a green card may still be an option, but it’s good to work with an experienced immigration attorney.

Read more

What is an I-601 Waiver?

What is an I-601 waiver?

An I-601 “Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility” allows a foreign citizen to immigrate to the U.S., adjust their status to permanent resident, or seek admission to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant if the immigrant can prove that a “qualifying relative” would suffer extreme hardship if the waiver is not granted. You will use Form I-612 if there is a reason U.S. immigration would deny you entry to the U.S. because you are inadmissible. The waiver process is complex and faces a great deal of scrutiny from the USCIS.

Read more

change of address

What You Need To Do That The USCIS Instructions Don’t Tell You: Changing Your Address

You’ve read the website and all the instructions carefully, but if you are a green card holder or a sponsor, there are some things you’ll need to do even if the U.S. Customs and Immigration Service doesn’t tell you to, like changing your address. If you are in search of an immigration in Cambridge, MA and the surrounding area, click here or call (617) 714-4375 to get in touch.

Read more

© Copyright 2014 Law Office of Ellen Sullivan, P.C. This website does not constitute a representation agreement with Attorney Sullivan or anyone else at the firm. The information on this website is not intended to, nor does it in fact, replace legal advice provided by an attorney in an attorney-client consultation. Please contact our office or another immigration attorney if you would like legal counsel. Sitemap