Contact Us: (617) 714-4375 |
Contact Us: (617) 714-4375

August 2016

Naturalization Ceremonies at National Parks

On August 25, 2016, the National Parks Service partnered with the USCIS to celebrate their 100th anniversary with a series of naturalization ceremonies in national parks throughout the country.
To view a complete list of naturalization ceremonies held in national parks on August 25, please visit USCIS website.

I-601A Waiver Expanded to Include

What does the I-601A Waiver Do? The I-601A waiver helps someone avoid being barred from re-entry from the United States after she departs the US. Someone would be barred from re-entering the US for 3 years or 10 years if she had been present in the US for more than 180 days (3 years) or one year (10 years). This means that someone who is not eligible to get a green card in the US can apply for an I-601A waiver, get it approved, leave the US, and re-enter the US with the green card–without waiting 3 or 10 years outside the US. 
What Does the Expansion of the Waiver Do? USCIS expanded eligibility of the I-601A waiver to those who are statutorily eligible for an unlawful presence waiver under INA Sec. 212(a)(9)(B)(v). This means that if the green card applicant can demonstrate extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or LPR spouse or parent, she may apply for and receive a provisional waiver, whether the basis for the immigrant visa is an employment-based preference category, a family-based preference category, the diversity visa lottery, or a special immigrant classification.
Can I Apply for the I-601A Waiver Now? It is important to speak with an immigration attorney to discuss whether you are statutorily eligible for the waiver and whether the facts of your case make it likely that you will be granted the waiver.
See AILA’s recent fact-sheet about the I-601A expansion.

I-94 Information Available Online

Did you know that I-94 information has been online since 2013? This means that when you enter the US, you no longer get paper I-94s. Instead, you must obtain your I-94 information at the CBP website.
You will not have I-94 information if you are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident, visa waiver entrant, and certain others.
It is a good idea to go to the Customs and Border Protection website shortly after you arrive to make sure that the I-94 information is correct. Sometimes, CBP makes mistakes in coding the manner of your entry, the date of your entry, or the length of your authorized stay.

Re-registracion para Salvadorenos con TPS

USCIS abrio el periodo de re-registracion para Salvadorenos con TPS. El periodo es desde el 8 de julio de 2016 hasta el 6 de septiembre de 2016. Para mantener el estatus de TPS, Salvadorenos con TPS tiene que registrarse durante este periodo. Para mas informacion, vea esta pagina en el sitio de USCIS.
USCIS opened the re-registration period for Salvadorans with TPS. The period runs from July 8, 2016 through September 6, 2016. To maintain TPS status, Salvadorans with TPS must register during this period. For more information, see this USCIS page.

© Copyright 2014 Law Office of Ellen Sullivan, P.C. This website does not constitute a representation agreement with Attorney Sullivan or anyone else at the firm. The information on this website is not intended to, nor does it in fact, replace legal advice provided by an attorney in an attorney-client consultation. Please contact our office or another immigration attorney if you would like legal counsel. Sitemap